Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bullets

That was not the post that I meant to keep at the top, just busy busy busy!  Due to the busy, you get bullets:
  • Our life is really starting to show signs that we're moving soon.  My in-laws are here this week for the boys' birthdays.  When they leave on Saturday they will be bringing 6 very large suitcases back to England with them.  The closet in the master bedroom is completely bare and quite a few peices of the big furniture has been sold on Craigslist.  Our cars need to be parked outside now because the garage is filling up with the stuff we hope to sell at our yard sale the weekend of the 8th.
  • We've even had two people call just seconds after listing my husbands car tonight - it's a 1995 Honda Accord Wagon that we paid $1,800 for 3 years ago.  I figured we'd be lucky to get $1,000 for it.  My husband loves this car, so he listed it for $2,000.  We have someone coming by to look at it shortly - fingers crossed they bite! * UPDATED * While I was writing this post, my husband got a text from the prospective buyer saying he just bought another car.  BUMMER!  Hopefully the second person will come by tomorrow to look at it.
  • I have 13 days of work left, but I'm taking the 8th off so it's really only 12 days.  I hope I can get all that I need to get done so my co-workers aren't overly pissed at me.  Oh well, not much I can do about it now.
  • The kids and I came down with a pretty bad tummy bug last week.  There was vomiting.  Lots of vomiting.  The good part was that the vomiting only lasted about 6 hours.  I'm just glad my husband and his parents didn't catch it too.  It was bad enough for me to have to recover while there were guests in the house, forget about the guests having to recover too.  And, it took me a while to recover too.  The boys bounced back pretty quick, but it took me about 5 days to get my appetite back.  Now that I've started eating again though, it seems I'm trying to make up for lost time.
  • Have I mentioned that I only have 12 days of work left?  I can't wait!

2 comments:

Doing My Best said...

THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!!!! I admire your bravery =)! I've always wanted to be the kind of person who could step out of my comfort-zone and have an adventurous, exciting life, but, alas! That isn't who I am. I'm excited for you and your upcoming adventure =)!

Mrs. Commoner said...

I know! I can't believe it. I'm not normally this adventurous but we need to be closer to family. So, we're just going! I hope it all works out.